We are delighted to present this fantastic opportunity for a Catalyst Characterisation Specialist to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team that is responsible for fundamental and exploratory studies in chemistry to support bp group operations and to appraise and develop new low carbon technology opportunities for business renewal.
Advanced Bio and Physical Sciences for Low Carbon Energy is a global team with world class laboratory facilities in Hull, San Diego and Dalian China. The team holds expertise in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, and computational sciences for bp group.
Reporting into the Senior Manager of the Molecular Innovation team, the Catalyst Synthesis Specialist will be based at bp’s research and innovation centre in Hull. This team is responsible for advanced research in chemistry and chemical engineering, new catalyst development and research on the development of new molecules for fuels and lubricants.
Accountabilities will include:
- Delivering safe and compliant experimental operations, contributing to the development of a proactive safety culture.
- Responsibility for fundamental and exploratory studies in chemistry and catalysis to support technology deployed within the business and the appraisal of new processes of potential future interest to bp.
- Leading the design and execution of experimental work and interpretation of results.
- Providing expertise in synthesis of microporous and mesoporous materials, small scale catalyst testing and measurement and the application of state-of-the-art analytical techniques
- Developing in-house capability by identifying and implementing best practices in catalyst synthesis, characterisation and evaluation from industry and academia.
For more information and to apply visit https://careers.bpglobal.com/TGnewUI/Search/home/HomeWithPreLoad?PageType=JobDetails&partnerid=25078&siteid=5012&jobId=142671#jobDetails=142671_5012