Nium, was formed in 2022 with the ambitious goal of mitigating at least 10 million tonnes of emissions to the earth’s atmosphere a year by 2030.
How are we going to do that? We employ nanotechnology and engineering to reduce emissions in the current chemical industry. Currently Nium is specifically focused at Ammonia Synthesis process, which accounts for 2% of global energy and 1.6% of global emissions. Ammonia is hugely important in our day to day life predominantly used as fertiliser, and responsible for 50% of us being here. Not only that it is a real contender to be used as a fuel of the future, if we can find a clean way to make it.
We are now looking to bring mission driven talent with us in order to reach our ambitious goals as quickly as we can together.
We are looking for a Development Scientist, specialising in Heterogeneous Catalysis to join the team at Harwell Campus, Didcot UK. The role is based on catalyst production, characterisation and catalytic measurements towards ammonia synthesis. The person is expected to develop and apply bespoke techniques customised for Nium materials, and contribute to collaborative research projects with other industrial, academic, and governmental partners.
- Apply specialised techniques to fabricate Nium catalysts for ammonia production.
- Advanced Materials characterisation with a variety of techniques including TEM, SEM, MS and other elemental analysis techniques.
- Catalytic measurements on Nium catalyst with flow reactor combined with GC and MS analysis.
- Maintain and improve the workflow, sample fabrication, and data analysis methods to allow improved efficiency of facility use.
- Maintain and develop experimental standards and procedures.
- To report the results in a timely fashion via both written and verbal communication to ensure that understanding of observations has been received.
You will have:
- PhD or Master (with research experience) within the following subjects: Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Chemistry, Applied Physics.
- Expertise in catalysis, especially in heterogeneous catalysis.
- Experience on catalytic measurements.
- Knowledge of analytical techniques for materials characterisation.
- Ability of technical problem solving.
- Self-motivated and quality focused on high standard of research data collection and analysis.
For more information and to apply visit https://we-are-nium.notion.site/Development-Scientist-c25e17088cdf47d383180441cdefa81b