Drochaid Research Services Ltd is a leading commercially focussed contract research organisation with an expertise in the fields of Homogeneous and Heterogeneous Catalysis and Materials Science. The Company is based in St. Andrews and is key part of St. Andrews Applied Research Ltd (StAAR), the technology, innovation and enterprise arm of the St Andrews University. We are looking to expand our scientific team and seeking to appoint an ambitious chemist with the appropriate skills and a proven record in the field of catalysis. This will initially be a 12-month fixed term position with the possibility of an extension subject to performance.
Role: your main duties will be:
- Develop work programme to provide the relevant data to clients, predominately laboratory based.
- Provide clear and concise reports to colleagues and clients along with recommendation on outcomes.
- Interact with clients throughout and adapt experimental protocols accordingly
- Work closely with others in the team in a constructive manner
What are we looking for in our next Scientist?
- Degree and PhD in chemistry preferably in the field of catalysis, postdoctoral experience would be a benefit
- Experience working with high pressure and temperature fixed bed and batch reactors desirable.
- Familiarized with characterisation techniques such as GC, spectroscopic and methods for solids characterisation.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
Relationship with the Project Manager
To have regular one to one meeting with the Laboratory Manager at which the Scientist can talk openly, discuss progress and problems, agree expectations, plan the ongoing progress of projects.
What we offer:
- Join a team of scientist with extensive R&D industrial experience
- Competitive salary
- Pension plan
To apply for this position, send a CV along with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.