There is an opportunity for a PhD position through the Central Laser Facility (CLF) on the Harwell Campus and the UK Catalysis Hub. For the PhD studentship, half the funding will generously be provided by the facilities. THE applicant must have confirmation of the other half of the funding.
The allocation of these awards will be made by CLF and the Hub MG following applications for expressions of interest from Hub members.
The closing date for applications is 25th September. Please contact Project Manager, Josie Goodall firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
The project should involve the best use of the CLF facilities and Catalysis.
The Projects must focus on the:
- Development of facility capabilities or the utilisation of capabilities, which may include technique, software or sample environment development which is of wider use within the facility beyond the immediate PhD student project. Purely scientific projects or those with weak development aspects will be rejected.
- Catalysis and be based around one or more themes of the UK Catalysis Hub:
- Optimising, predicting and designing new Catalysts
- Catalysis at the water and energy nexus
- Catalysis for circular economy and sustainable manufacturing
Please note it is required:
- The completed application should be a 2-page project description of the studentship science project and facility development component, accompanied by any letters of support and proof of co-funding
- The project would be focused on the relevant facility and catalysis
- The PhD student would be predominantly based at Harwell, and be involved with the UK Catalysis Hub and facilities attending conferences, inductions and project meetings
- The Student will have named Co-supervisor from the relevant facility who has been involved in the development of the proposal. This co-supervisor must be a full and equal participant in the project alongside the university supervisor and play a full and equal role in the studentship project and supervision, including the interviewing of potential candidates.
- Once the successful proposal has been awarded the successful applicant will find a candidate and arrange contracts for the project through their university with CLF directly.
Please return all applications to Josie Goodall (Josie.Goodall@rc-harwell.ac.uk) by the 25th September at 5pm
With the reference “CATALYSIS HUB PHD PROPOSAL 2021” in the Subject.
The Two-page project proposal should cover:
Details of the PIs and CoIs involved including the CLF co Supervisor.
Background and Impact
Any other information