Applications are now invited for funded access (facility overheads, UK travel and accommodation)to the Octopus and Ultra facilities of the Central Laser Facility (CLF) in the Research Complex at Harwell, Rutherford Appleton Laboratory. Access to be scheduled January 2022 to June 2022 subject to the progress of our COVID recovery programme.
The deadline for applications is 17:00 GMT (PROMPT) on Tuesday 27th July 2021
Please carefully read all of the instructions in the call guidelines before submitting an application. Failing to follow the guidelines may result in your proposal being returned without review.
You can also view a brochure outlining the range of instrumentation and techniques on offer in Octopus and Ultra.
For this call, applications are invited for the following modes of access:
- Direct Access and Approved Programmes: Octopus and Ultra
- New programme access: Octopus and Ultra
- Laserlab-Europe: Octopus and Ultra
Please visit https://www.clf.stfc.ac.uk/Pages/Access-to-Octopus-and-Ultra.aspx for information on where and how to submit proposals.
Before applying, please note: Applicants are strongly recommended to contact an appropriate Facility staff member to discuss requirements before applying, even if you have previously submitted a proposal.
Eligibility for access to Octopus and Ultra through this call:
- UK and EU academics and postdoctoral researchers
- Applicants must hold a position that lasts for the duration of the scheduling period
- See call guidelines for more information